Creamy, light, rich, and perfect for summer salads, this version of the ’70s fave, Green Goddess, is going into heavy rotation at my house. I didn’t add anchovies because I was out of them, but I highly recommend tossing in a filet or two before blending.
The lemon juice will help preserve the lovely green of the avocados, but I probably wouldn’t make this more than a few hours in advance. I find mine stays pretty overnight, but it does eventually darken as the avocado oxidizes. If this happens, no worries…it’s still delicious.
Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
Yield: About 1 cup
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste